Please note that the servers will be temporarily unavailable due to the release of an update. The schedule is available below.
Maintenance times are tentative and subject to change. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences.
The new update will go live some time after it’s been downloaded because the client and server sides are updated separately. While the client begins to update immediately, it takes time for the servers to be updated across all regions.
If there are problems with downloading or launching the update—please perform files integrity check.
Subtitles can be enabled in the video player separately.
Italian Battleships: Part 1
Update 0.10.1 kicks off an event that places the new Italian Tier IV–IX battleships right in the spotlight!
- Semi-armor-piercing shells instead of HE shells. These shells deal significant damage to weakly and moderately protected targets and ship parts, but do not cause fires.
- A large number of guns but with relatively short firing ranges and not the greatest accuracy.
- Decent maneuverability and armor protection.
- Tier VIII–X ships have the Exhaust Smoke Generator consumable, which allows them to hide from the enemy without having to reduce their speed. Shooting from within the smoke screen isn’t recommended while retreating, because battleships still have high detectability when using their main battery guns in this situation.
Combat mission group rewards: a new temporary resource—Italian Tokens, Roman permanent camouflage for VI Andrea Doria, and special signals. Final reward for completing the last combat mission group: VII Francesco Caracciolo, a Commander with six skill points, and a Port slot.
Italian Tokens can also be obtained by completing special chains of combat missions; from random bundles available for Doubloons, free random bundles, and bundles that are available in exchange for Recruitment Points in the Armory; and by completing combat missions that can be activated by watching official World of Warships streams.
Rewards for Italian Tokens: sequentially opened bundles with IV Dante Alighieri, V Conte di Cavour, VI Andrea Doria, VIII Vittorio Veneto; the Roman permanent camouflage for VII Francesco Caracciolo; Legion permanent camouflages for VIII Vittorio Veneto, IX Lepanto, and X Cristoforo Colombo; and other rewards.
The number of Tokens that can be earned by completing combat mission groups will be enough to obtain Italian Tier IV–VI battleships and the Roman permanent camouflage for the Tier VII battleship.
Rewards from random bundles available for Doubloons: IX Lepanto plus a Commander with 10 skill points and a Port slot, Italian Tokens, Regia Marina expendable camouflages, and other rewards.
The Armory is offering free random bundles—Daily Gifts. Inside, you can find Italian Tokens, Warships Premium Account, Doubloons, and other rewards.
The bundles are available until: Mon. 08 Mar. 07:00 CET (UTC+1)
- You can obtain only one bundle per day. A total of 12 bundles will be available, so you can skip 6 days and still be able to collect all the rewards.
The Taranto Port has been updated.
Clan Battles: Greece
Starts: Wed. 24 Feb. 12:30 CET (UTC+1)
Ends: Mon. 12 Apr. 04:30 CET (UTC+1)
Tier IX ships in a 7 vs. 7 format.
Up to two battleships per team.
Up to 11,000 Steel and other rewards.
No more than two mercenaries per Division.
The new season has a small, but very important change—we’ve added a system that allows ship limits to be set. We’re working on making sure that each battle and game mode offers diverse and interesting gameplay. This change allows us to make the team compositions more varied and the battles more diverse.
The restrictions can be set for the entire duration of a season or for specific periods of time. For example, they could be set after the first 2 weeks of a season, then replaced with different restrictions a few weeks later. This allows us to promptly react to the current state of the season.
- Limit on the number of the same ships. For instance, a Division will not be able to join a battle if two or more of the same ships are selected.
- Limit on the number of specific ships. For example, a Division can have only one IX Ibuki, IX Yūgumo, and IX Black.
- Restriction that makes certain ships ineligible for battle. For example, one cannot join the battle playing IX Kronshtadt or IX Kitakaze.
Restrictions on the number of certain ships and banned ships are displayed in the Division window and in the tooltip in the window above the ship carousel when the “Clan Battle” battle type is selected.
Full details of the season will be revealed in a dedicated article nearer the start of the season.
Ranked Battles: The Second Season
The Second Season of Ranked Battles kicks off together with Update 0.10.1. Its structure is different from that of the First (test) season. In terms of the available rewards, you can expect Steel, Doubloons, camouflages, and much more!
- The duration of the season has been doubled. The duration of each Sprint is 2 weeks.
- The Sprint rewards have also doubled on average.
- The number of ranks in the Bronze and Silver Leagues has increased from seven to 10.
- The number of Stars needed to reach the first rank and qualify has increased by 50% on average.
The Ranked Battles interface has also been updated.
- In addition to the rank, the league is now displayed in the tooltip above the player’s name.
- After the qualification, the timer that shows the time remaining until the start of the next Sprint is shown in the tooltip above the next league.
- The scrolling speed of the rank carousel has been increased.
- Updated the descriptions of Jolly Roger achievements and tooltips, as well as some other descriptions.
- Fixed some errors in the Ranked Battles interface.
The rewards for each league will be refreshed and available again at the start of each new Sprint.
Reaching Rank 1 will reward you with Bronze, Silver, and Gold League containers.
- A commemorative flag is awarded for achieving Rank 1 in the Bronze League.
More details about Ranked Battles Season 2 can be found in a dedicated article.
For Update 0.10.1, we’ve updated Brawls and made them a separate battle type, the seasons of which are short and have a smaller team format. One can take part either in a Division or solo. It is possible to participate in Brawls without being in a Clan.
In Update 0.10.1, the first season of updated Brawls will take place in the following format:
Starts: Mon. 08 Mar. 09:00 CET (UTC+1)
Ends: Mon. 15 Mar. 02:00 CET (UTC+1)
Tier VIII ships in a 1 vs. 1 format.
- ASIA: 01:00 — 18:00 UTC
- CIS: 06:00 — 23:00 UTC
- EU: 08:00 — 01:00 UTC
- NA: 16:00 — 09:00 UTC
- You can take part in Brawls only during the time specified for your server.
Big Race, Shatter, Crash Zone Alpha, and Sleeping Giant in Domination mode; Two Brothers in the Epicenter mode.
Up to 2,250,000 Credits; 80,000 Elite Commander XP; 10,000 Coal; and 4x signals of each type, except for special ones.
- Each Brawl lasts only for a few days. They are available throughout each day, except for low activity periods.
- If you’re not playing in a Division, your allies are picked randomly. Matchmaking takes the type and tier of your ship into account.
- The ship-type compositions of each team won’t necessarily mirror each other.
- Battles take place on maps with a reduced combat area. All ships will be of the same tier.
- You can’t take part in a battle with opponents who you fought against in several previous battles.
Added unique Dasha Perova Commanders for Italian and European ships.
Added the “Made of Steel” permanent camouflage, which can be mounted on all Tier X ships, except for X ARP Yamato. The “Made of Steel” permanent camouflages for X Yamato, X Shimakaze, and X Des Moines will automatically be replaced by the new camouflage.
Visual and Technical Enhancements
- Updated the way in which sun reflects off water. Improved the quality of reflections, waves, and areas with calm wind. Increased the amplitude and speed of waves on some maps.
- Improved the visibility of the squadron reticle on all maps.
- Added support for the AMD FidelityFX CAS Upscale sharpening filter, which allows for better performance on devices with weak graphics cards, with some reduction in image quality. The possibility to enable or disable the FidelityFX CAS filter and TXAA has been added to the graphics options section.
- Updated the background of modal windows.
The following ships have been added for testing by developers, supertesters, and community contributors: VII Z-31, VIII Gustav Julius Maerker, IX Felix Schultz, X Elbing, IX ZF-6, VII Hyūga, and V Agincourt.
Pan-Asian Tier VIII destroyer Fen Yang has been renamed VIII Fenyang.
Added three new portraits of Italian Commanders.
Starting from Update 0.10.1, the following ships will no longer be available: IX Georgia, IX Alaska, VIII Massachusetts, X Thunderer, and X Småland.
Starting from Update 0.10.2, X Somers will cease to be available in the Armory for an indefinite period of time. She’ll be replaced by another U.S. ship—X Austin.
The ships have been taken out of the game due to a combination of their popularity and combat efficiency. This has been done in order to maintain the proper level of diversity in teams in terms of the ships they are made up of, but they may return in future.
We understand that accumulating Steel for X Somers is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance. Any interested players can still steer this ship into their Ports before Update 0.10.2 goes live in about 1 month’s time.
- Fixed an error that caused AA explosions not to deal any damage to aircraft squadrons in some cases.
- Fixed an error that caused damaged main battery guns and torpedo tubes to start reloading after the repairs if they were loaded before taking damage.
- VI Erich Loewenhardt bombers received similar sound effects to VIII Graf Zeppelin‘s bombers.
- Fixed an error that caused the tab with ship parameters not to be displayed when viewing a ship in the Armory.
- The loading speed on Ports and maps was slightly increased,
- Fixed an error that prevented the Defensive AA Fire Modification 1 special upgrade from being mounted on VIII Fenyang.
- Fixed an error that caused VIII Sanzang‘s Patrol Fighters to have incorrect speed and amount of HP.
- Fixed an error that caused ships which players had received victory bonuses on to be displayed in the carousel with the “Show ships with a combat bonus for XP” filter enabled.
- Fixed an error that caused a delay in automatic switching of torpedo tubes on IX Z-44 during aiming.
- Fixed an error that caused the game client to crash after minimizing the Training Room and Division chats when entering battle.
- Fixed an error that prevented IX Paolo Emilio from being hidden by the smokescreen at full speed.
- Updated the descriptions of the Dead Eye and Top Grade Gunner skills.
- Fixed an error that led to the display of an incorrect amount of XP to complete Commander retraining.
- Fixed an error that led to the conning tower armor protection of VIII North Carolina not being present on the North Carolina (B) hull.
- Other improvements and changes. For a complete list, please refer to Player Support (available in English).
- Attentive readers can claim a reward. Click “Collect your gift” to get 1 day of Premium Account. The timer starts immediately after clicking the button.
The reward can be claimed before: Mon. 08 Mar. 14:00 CET (UTC+1)